David's Recipe for Baked Chicken Breasts in Orange Sauce
Very easy and quick, and very low in fat.
Main Course, American
- 5 pounds chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, with the cartilage and tendons removed
- 1 quart orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- Pinch of salt
- 1 or more chili peppers, minced fine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 soup spoons water
- 3 soup spoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to high.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to form 2 mirror-image pieces each.
- Add the orange juice, zest, salt, peppers, and honey to the chicken breasts. Mix and allow to marinate for at least 1/2 hour, turning occasionally.
- Line two low-walled baking pans with baking paper, and lay the chicken breasts in a single layer on the baking sheets, reserving the marinade.
- Bake each pan of chicken at least 4 inches from the top of the oven for 15 minutes, or until the chicken barely starts to brown in spots.
- Mix the water and the cornstarch.
- Heat the marinade to a boil, add the cornstarch mixture, and lower to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn the chicken breasts and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the chicken breasts with rice, topping both the meat and the rice with the sauce.