David's Recipe for Chicken Montezuma
Very easy. I assume that there were no chickens in the Americas before the Europeans got there, and that if Montezuma ever saw a chicken, it was probably a present from Cortez.
Main Course, American
- 5-7 lbs skinless and boneless chicken breasts, each divided lengthwise into 2 symmetrical halves
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 quart boiling water
- 300 grams bitter chocolate chips
- 3 large onions
- 3 large green peppers
- 2 or more chili peppers (The final result should be spicy.)
- 1/2 580-gram can tomato paste
- Pinch of cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- Lightly brown the chicken breasts. Set aside.
- Saute the onions over medium heat until lightly browned. Add the sweet peppers. Brown for a few more minutes.
- Mix in the tomato paste.
- Mix in the boiling water, chilies, cumin, and bay. Simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Add back the chicken breasts. Simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Mix in the chocolate chips until they melt. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice.