David's Recipe for Cocoa
Without the emulsifiers, preservatives, dessicants, artificial flavors, artificial colors, and anti-frothing agents, you can actually taste the cocoa.
- 8 tsp Dutch-process cocoa
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- sugar (optional)
- low fat milk (optional)
- Put two teaspoons of cocoa in each cup.
- Pour a little boiling water on the cocoa in order to mix it into a paste. This will prevent lumps. If you want to add milk and sugar, add less than you usually do.
- Add the remaining water to the cocoa paste, so that you end up with about 6 fluid ounces of liquid in each cup.
- Whip the cream without sugar. Place it gently on top of the cocoa in each cup.
- If you're too lazy to whip the cream, or don't have any whipping cream, you should serve the cocoa with milk in it.