David's Recipe for Coriander Chutney
Descended from a recipe which somebody or other said is popular in all of India.
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 heaping coffee spoon freshly ground dried ginger
- 1 chili pepper, diced fine
- 3 heaping soup spoons brown sugar
- 1 soup spoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Chop the coriander leaves coarsely.
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for a short time until the consistency of a batter. In my uncooperative blender, since the mixture starts out with very little liquid, this involves starting the blender at slow speed for a few seconds, removing the blender jar from its base and stirring the mixture with a spoon, restarting the blender, and repeating the cycle a few times until the mixture become liquid enough for the blender to work normally.