David's Recipe for Cranberry Sauce from Dried Sweetened Cranberries II
Better and easier than my old recipe for homemade cranberry sauce.
Condiment or Side Dish, Very American
- 2 1/4 cups dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups water (You may need a little more, to cover.)
- A few coffee spoons fresh zest
- Pinch of salt
- 3 soup spoons tapioca starch (Corn starch would probably work as well.)
- 6 soup spoons water
- Put the 1 1/4 cups water and the in a small pot and set to boil.
- Add the zest and the salt.
- Meanwhile, stir the tapioca starch and the 6 soup spoons water together thoroughly.
- When the cranberries have burst and the zest looks cooked thoroughly mix in the starch slurry.
- Lower the flame and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve as a side dish to meat or as a sweet, hot, cold, or room temperature.