David's Recipe for Eggs in Tehina
If you have trouble finding raw (unprocessed) tehina where you live, you are living in the wrong hemisphere. You should move.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cooled and sliced
- 6 heaping soup spoons olive rings, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup unprocessed tehina
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Very small pinch of salt
- 1/2 coffee spoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 coffee spoon ground nutmeg
- Vigorously stir the tehina and the lemon juice together until their souls have merged into one. It will be obvious when this has happened.
- Mix in the salt and spices.
- Gently but thoroughly mix the tehina mixture into the other ingredients.
- Allow to stand at least a few minutes. If more than a few minutes, refrigerate.