David's Recipe for Flaxseed Breakfast Cereal
Based on this About.com recipe and the user comments there. (And no, the link to About.com is not a paid ad, and is not compensated in any way.) Makes one breakfast portion.
- 1/2 cup boiling water (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 coffee spoon dried stevia leaves
- Scant pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2 soup spoons peanut butter
- 1/2 coffee spoon vanilla extract
- Pour the boiling water over the stevia, mix well, and let the mixture soak for a minute.
- Add the salt and mix again.
- Mix in the flax seed, peanut butter, and vanilla extract and let stand for 2 minutes to thicken. Serve.