David's Recipe for Irish Coffee
Good as the culmination of a festive meal, or by itself as a liquid snack.
- 2 cups strong coffee prepared by your favorite method
- 2 jiggers Irish whiskey
- 1 cup whipping cream
- sugar (optional)
- low fat milk (optional)
- Pour the coffee into large cups. If you add milk and sugar, add less than you usually do.
- Add a jigger of whiskey to each cup.
- Whip the cream without sugar or other additives. Place it gently on top of the coffee in each cup.
- This coffee is also good with brandy instead of whiskey, or without any spirits at all.