David's Recipe for Liver Dumplings for Soup
Can also be made with other strong-tasting meats or fish. Very easy.
Soup Ingredient, German
- 2 lbs. chicken livers, lightly broiled
- 3/4 cup commercial bread crumbs
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 very small onion
- 3 large sprigs parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 qts boiling water
- Grind the liver, onion, and parsley in a food processor.
- Mix the eggs, crumbs, salt and pepper into the meat mixture.
- With wet hands, shape the dumplings, about 10 at a time, into balls about 3/4" in diameter. Boil each group of 10 for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Just before serving, heat the dumplings in the soup in which they are to be served.