David's Recipe for Microwave Saffron Rice
Side Dish, Middle Eastern
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 coffee spoon saffron threads
- 1 kg long-grained rice
- 4 soup spoons strongly flavored olive oil
- 1.8 liter boiling water
- Pinch of salt
- Separate the saffron threads with your fingers and add to the 1/2 cup boiling water to soak.
- Place the rice in a microwavable container and stir in the oil.
- Microwave in the closed container on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the boiling water, the salt, and the saffron with its water and mix well into the rice.
- Microwave in the closed container on high for 20 minutes.
- Let stand in the still-closed container 5 minutes before serving.