David's Recipe for Miraculous Expanding Pancakes
Plain pancakes which rise and become light and fluffy miraculously, without baking powder or other leavening.
- 4 cups flour
- 5 cups milk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Oil and preheat a griddle or frying pan.
- Mix together the flour and sugar.
- Add the eggs, oil, and half of the milk. Mix.
- Gradually mix in the rest of the milk, beating towards the end to eliminate lumps.
- Pour the batter from the side of a large serving spoon held close to the pan. You can use more than one spoonful for each pancake. The batter will spread by itself to the proper diameter.
- Cook on the first side until the top begins to show bubbles and becomes less opaque, about 1 minute.
- Cook on the other side for a few seconds.
- If you have to pile up the pancakes for more than a few minutes until you serve them, put paper towels between them to keep them from getting soggy.
- Serve piled up, with syrup.