- 2 pounds farfalle or other pasta, cooked according to package directions.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 5 cups oyster mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 qt low fat milk
- 1 cup bland hard cheese, such as mild cheddar, diced fine
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Brown the mushrooms slightly in the olive oil.
- Add the basil, pepper, and garlic; saute for an additional minute. Don't let the garlic start to brown!
- Add the milk and the salt. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Gradually add the cheese, stirring until it melts into the sauce.
- Serve on or with the pasta.