David's Recipe for Roast Turkey Breast
Based on a recipe for Chinese roast pork, so I suppose that it could also be made with pork.
Main Course, American
- 1 large slab turkey breast, about 3 pounds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 2" fresh ginger, minced fine
- 2 soup spoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Mix the honey, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and wine. Marinate the turkey breast in the mixture for several hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the oven-grill to maximum.
- Place the turkey breast in a rack under the grill, grill for ten minutes, then reduce the heat to medium. Roast for another 20 minutes, basting occasionally with the marinade.
- Turn the grill back up to high, turn the turkey breast onto the other side, and grill for ten minutes.
- Reduce the heat once again to medium, and roast for another 20 minutes, again basting occasionally with the marinade.
- To serve hot, allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing, and slice very thin with a sharp knife. Or serve cold. Either way, it is good served with plum sauce.