David's Recipe for Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese
Pretty much an ordinary spaghetti bolognese recipe, with fake instead of real meat. Very easy.
Main Course, Italian
- 3 large onions, sliced into Cs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 400-gram packages soy-based imitation ground meat
- 1 580-gram can 28Bx tomato paste
- A few inches of kombu
- 1/2 coffee spoon dried oregano
- 1 or 2 large bay leaves
- Minced chili peppers to taste
- 1/4 coffee spoon salt
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1-1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 kg spaghetti, with water, salt, and oil to prepare it according to package directions
- Lightly brown the onions over a medium flame. Set aside.
- Lightly brown the imitation meat over a medium flame. Add back the onion.
- Stir in the tomato paste.
- Mix in the boiling water and heat to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for at least 1/2 hour to blend the flavors.
- Prepare the spaghetti according to the package directions and serve the sauce on the spaghetti.